Sleep Tips and Sleeping Naked
You more than likely know how important sleep is for you health. Next to nutrition and exercise it is definitely the most important thing that you can do for your health and healing. But it is not just about sleep, it is about the quality of sleep that is important too.
Poor quality sleep can negatively impact energy levels, memory, and mental performance.
This brings me to the fact that sleeping naked has been shown to have many benefits - here is a list of 4 reasons to get good quality sleep.
1.Important factor in your risk of diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's, and more.
2.Sleep Naked - greater intimacy with your partner — leading to the release of oxytocin, also known as the cuddle hormone – that helps reduce blood pressure, and relieves stress…sleep better.
3.It can help to keep you looking and feeling younger.
4.Most importantly, whilst you sleep your body is healing and regenerating.
Here is a few little trick I to do at least one hour before bed.
· I make sure I do not have any electronic devises around me - this includes phones, computers and television. Keep all these out of the bedroom.
· Having a bath just before bed is sooo beneficial - drop a few essential oils in the bath
· Meditate - if you find it hard to visualise use a guided meditation or some relaxing music - you can do this in the bath too just to relax.
· Sleep with you curtains closed.
· Sleep Naked.Sleeping in a cooler environment can help improve the quality of a person's sleep. According to the National Sleep Foundation, the ideal bedroom temperature for getting to sleep is 60–67°F (15.6–19.4°C).Sleeping naked is one way to keep the body's internal temperature low.
· If you have not completed tasks set out for you that day make sure you write yourself a to do list for the next day so you can shut off you mind to relax.
· Take some herbs such as Passionflower, St John's Wort and California Poppy as it is also great to help you relax.
· Never eat late as this will also effect the quality of your sleep.
· Go to sleep at the same time each night - no later than 9.30 - create this as a habit.
· Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine. If suffering from anxiety you need to work on giving away all caffeine totally. Try weening off it by using a organic decaffeinated coffee.
· Keep hydrated throughout the day - 2-3 litres of water, but try not to drink after 8pm.
· Magnesium is another helper if you can acquire a good practitioner brand -we use a product from time to time from BioCueticals called Ultra Muscle Eze.
#sleep, #sleepingnaked #herbs, #heartdisease, #cancer, #diabetes, #memory