Pizza Base Ingredients
1 cups buckwheat soaked, 1 cup sunflower seeds soaked, 1/4 fresh carrot juice, 1 cup carrot pulp, 1/2 avocado, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tbls fresh basil, 1 tbls + 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 2tbls tomato paste, 1/4 tsp celtic salt, 2 medium tomatoes, 3 tbls ground flax seeds, 1 tbls lemon juice
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S blade, combine all ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl until you achieve a creamy texture.
- Drop mixture onto a non-stick dehydrator, sheet in 4 cm circles and 1/2cm thick. I measure a tablespoon for each.
- Dehydrate for one hour on high or until the tops of the pizza are dry and you are able to turn them upside down on another
dehydrator tray and peel off the non-stick sheet.
Reduce temperature to medium; dehydrate for about another 6-8 hours.
If you happen to have a Kitchen Aid or Masticating juicer with the meat grinder attachment, process buckwheat and sunflower (minus liquid) before placing in the food processor for a smooth mixture. Then add all the olive oil other liquids as necessary to create a sticky
Be sure to rinse buckwheat several times before soaking due to its bitter flavour.
Soak buckwheat and sunflower seeds for a minimum of 12 hours. You can also sprout both if you prefer – this will give you more pizzas, you will however need to add a little more liquid if you do this. Makes 38-40 pizzas.
Topping Ingredients & Method
2 large Avocados mashed with a little lemon, Sprouted Beetroot Hommus, 1 1/2 cups of sprouted chick peas, 1/4 cup tahini, 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil, 1 cup lemon juice, 3 cloves crushed garlic, 1 tsp celtic or sea salt, 1 tsp of paprika, 2 tbls finely chopped parsley for decoration and taste ,(Extra olive oil for serving), 3-4 cooked baby beets.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth adding a little water if necessary.
1 cup macadamia washed and soaked for 1 hour, 1/2 cup almonds, scorched in filtered hot water to remove brown shell, soak overnight, 1/4 tsp
celtic salt, 1 1/2tsp lemon juice, 1tbls nutritional yeast, 1/4 cup water or more depending on texture and smoothness preferred – to make a thicker
cheese use less water.
- Process in a food processor until smooth and fluffy
To serve: Place avocado on each pizza top with hummus and crumble nut cheese on each.
Alternative ideas: If you do not want to make the bases; which I highly recommend you do, try using Essene bread cut into circular shapes or
you can also use mushrooms and stuff them with the ingredients. Can chick peas can also be used if you are short of time.