Those of you who love pizza and want to live a healthy life style can still have your pizza and eat it too.
At our healing retreat the first meal on the evening you arrive is Raw Pizza followed by Raw Apple Cake – it is yum. So here is the pizza recipes – Enjoy!
1 cup buckwheat or spelt then sprout
1 cup sunflower seeds then spout
1/4 cup fresh carrot juice
1 cup carrot pulp
3tbls olive oil
2 medium tomatoes
3tbls ground flax seeds
1tbls lemon juice
1 tsp Celtic or sea salt
1tbls fresh basil
11/2tbls of your favourite herbs for seasoning
Extra water if needed to create a paste
If using buckwheat wash two to three times before using to avoid any bitterness
• In the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S blade, combine all ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl until you achieve a creamy texture.
If you have a masticating juicer with the blank attachment, process wheat (minus liquid) before placing in the food processor for a smooth mixture (or you can use a Kitchen Aid mixer). Then add all other ingredients.
• Place mixture onto plastic dehydrator sheets making sure the mixture is about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) in thickness evenly on the sheet.
• Put in dehydrator on high for around 6hours.
• Once the mixture is getting hard on top and cracking a little, turn and flip onto the grid sheet removing the plastic sheeting.
• Cook for around another 6 hours until crust is very dry without any moisture or softness remaining.
These can be stored in a air tight container in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 weeks.
If you do not own a dehydrator, use a stainless steel pizza tray to lay out your mixture and dry in a warm oven. When I do this method, I keep the temperature at around 45 degrees Celsius – this is usually at mid warm on your oven dial. Keep the oven door open slightly so the pizza does not become moist and doughy or you can also dry in the sun.
2 roma tomatoes, finely sliced
4 tbls tahini
2 tbls pesto sauce
1/2 cup semi dried tomatoes
2-3 cups rocket
1 medium grated carrot
1 cup broccoli sprouts
1 cup sunflower seed sprouts
1/4 cup chopped basil
1 small red onion
1/2 red capsicum finely sliced and diced
1 tbls pine nuts
6 cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
3 tbls Vegan parmesan cheese – see recipe below
Vegan cream cheese – see recipe below
1 raw pizza base – see recipe in bread section
- In a salad bowl place and toss all ingredients except, tahini, avocadoes, roma tomatoes, and cream cheese – set aside.
- Spread tahini on pizza base followed by avocado and pesto.
- Place tomato slices evenly over the base.
- Top with salad and spread evenly over the base.
- Squirt cream cheese over pizza.
2 cups pine nuts
3 bunches basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbls lemon juice
1 tsp celtic or sea salt
1 cup ground hemp seeds or ground walnuts
1 tsp kelp or green barley
Place all ingredients in food processor, blend until smooth
1 cup cashews washed and soaked overnight
1/2 cup almonds, scorched in filtered hot water to remove brown shell, soak overnight
1/4 tsp celtic or sea salt, 2 tbls lemon juice, 3/4 cup water or more depending on texture and smoothness preferred
- Process in blender until smooth
- Mixture can then be placed in a squirt bottle similar to a tomato sauce bottle that has a pointed top. This helps with presentation and delivery.
Vegan parmesan cheese
1 cup Brazil nuts or hazel nuts, 1 clove garlic, pinch celtic or sea salt
Place all ingredients in food processor until nuts and garlic are in small pieces.